We are all part of God's special family and here at St. Margaret Mary's School we ensure that we serve our Parish and local community in many ways.
Some ways in which we do this are:
- Holding special prayer services and assemblies for the whole school and in year groups.
- Each Monday we have an assembly to discuss this week's gospel and how it can be lived in our lives.
- In our class assemblies we share our faith journey with our families and loved ones.
- We participate in weekly Parish masses.
- We hold RE themed inspire workshops yearly.
- Father Simon visits our classrooms and answers questions about our faith.
A Devotional area in Key Stage 1.
A Prayer focus in Key Stage 2.
An area to reflect and pray in Key Stage 2.
One of our prayer spaces in Key Stage 1.
The prayers used at our school can be read below:
- Our Daily Prayer Book (pdf)
We send a copy of the Wednesday Word home to every family in our school community.
The Wednesday Word is a double sided A4 leaflet which explains the Sunday Gospel. The children receive the leaflet to take home to share with the rest of their family. This creates an opportunity for the Word to be present in the homes of each family connected to our school.
Throughout the year we support many different charities.
Staff, pupils and families are always extremely generous in their support of others. Money is raised through fundraising events, fairs and charitable donations from the whole school community.
In 2017 we are focusing on four main charities; one for each of the house groups in our school. These are:
- St. Andrew – St. Vincent de Paul
- St. David – Father Hudson Care
- St. Patrick – Cafod
- St. George – Rwanda Project BCP
The School council also have a charity focus of The Sanctuary at St. Chad's. They have been helping this cause through regular food banks and reverse calendars during the advent season.